Friday, January 4, 2013

Out sick...

Well, once again it has been a while since I've added anything new. This time it is because in addition to a new little attention-grabber in our family, we've been fighting some illness over the past week and a half. Luckily the kids have been healthy, but Elden and I seem to be taking turns getting sick with various things. But we've recovered and so I'll catch up a little... at least through Christmas Eve b/c those are the pictures I have downloaded so far.

We'll start with the visit from gma and gpa Kohn to meet Nora.

gma's little fashionista!

trying to get Matthias to sit still for a picture... this is as good as we got

on our way to go look at Christmas lights - I had grand ideas of what a fun Christmas activity this would bed. It ended with one screaming child (Matthias) in the car and Nora exploding out of her diaper and ruining mommy's favorite onsie. Ahh... Merry Christmas. 

our little owl (luckily she doesn't really stay up all night...)

Matthias loves building with his Megabloks! And daddy joins in the fun whenever he can. Let's just say that one boy builds and other destroys. I think you can figure out which boy is which...

Matthias' and daddy's tower
 Christmas Eve afternoon we opened a few presents that had been given to us by families who wanted to help out seminary families. They were very generous! Matthias got some new clothes, digger toys and lots of Megabloks!! Nora got some clothes and mom and dad were given some gift cards! We are so thankful for the support people have shown us during our time at the seminary!


When he went to a  Christmas party on campus, Matthias got to pick out some presents for mom and dad and Nora. Here he is presenting his first gift to his sister.


Matthias was really excited about all of his presents but whenever I would try to get a picture he'd look really disgruntled...


Until finally I showed him how to smile really big... and he imitated me... kind of. This is his happy face :)


Our first family outing to church was Christmas eve. A pretty good looking bunch! We all made it out the door dressed and not smelling of spit up! And both kids made it through an evening church service really well!!



After Matthias went to bed Christmas Eve, mom and dad put together the present that gma and gpa Hinz got for him... his very own train table!!



And unfortunately, this is where the pictures end because I haven't downloaded the ones from Christmas morning yet. He was excited, though, to say the least! Hopefully I'll get a chance to get some more pictures up... we've got to finish catching up and then after this weekend we'll have baptism photos... so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.