Friday, August 23, 2013

Growing up in a space of their own

There has been lots of growing here over the past two months! Nora is now eight and a half months old, is crawling, and finally has the beginning signs of her first tooth! Matthias is talking in complete sentences, working on potty training (motivation is a new toy skid steer) and continues to charm the people at church :) 




I'm eight months old! Check out my top knot!

I'm ready to play with my brother :)
 We've made a few bedroom changes for the kids over the past couple weeks. Nora's room was the only one in the house that we felt we needed to paint, which also meant that it didn't get decorated when we hung up our other pictures after moving in. So we finally finished a couple pieces of artwork and got her room "settled." I wanted to frame some pictures from the Madeline books and the Frances books. I think they turned out pretty well. (I'll have to find the closeups on the camera later... )




Matthias also had a change. Elden's parents brought the twin size bed that Elden used growing up... so we decided it was time for Matthias to make the transition, which meant picking out some bedding. You might be able to guess the theme... the boy still loves diggers of any shape or size. Of course he still wants to sleep with his quilt from grandma Hinz, so we tuck the bottom of it into the new comforter. This makes the nights a little easier, too, because he can't kick off his blankets as much and therefore there are fewer trips for daddy in the middle of the night :)



Someone loves her Christmas present from last year now that she can sit up (and try to pull herself up on it)!


And she's off! "Mommy, I'm coming to get you.... "




And of course, big brother's famous "Cheeeeeeezeeeeeee!!!" We haven't gotten many pictures of him lately because he's gotten camera shy...


In other news... a couple shots from the last day of VBS. The kids got to throw water balloons at the new pastor. The kids had a lot of fun and I know that another big kid did as well :)

He was nice to let the little kids just throw them... 

he retaliated a bit with the bigger kids... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.