We had quite an eventful Memorial Day weekend... apparently so eventful that it took me a couple days to recover and find time to post about it :) But Matthias is napping beautifully today, so here we go!
We started the weekend with Matthias' first real haircut! I've trimmed it a few times but as you can see, he was getting quite the mop of hair. Time for a summer cut... but not too short. (We didn't let Daddy at it... )
He got to drive a cool car during his cut! And he was pretty happy about it :)
Lookin' for the ladies... wanna ride in my convertible?
Oooh a cape! Now we're stylin'
Wait, what's going on? I didn't sign up for this!
We had to bribe him with his first sucker. You can't cry too hard with a sucker in your mouth, right?
Luckily there were also things in the store to distract him... although all the head turning probably wasn't easy for the hairdresser :)
The final product - that's one handsome little boy if I may say so!
On Saturday we left the little man with a babysitter for his longest stretch yet and Elden and I were treated to a Twins game by my parents! Happy Birthday to us!! Matthias survived... though he might have some things to say about it. He went on a hunger strike but other than that he managed to make it through the day :) It was a bit cool and rainy but we enjoyed Target Field!
On Sunday we trekked to Waconia for my cousin Erik's art show. Matthias was introduced to the porcelain dog that lived at my Grandpa Hinz's house and entertained me as I grew up. Now it is at Aunt Sylvia's and he loved it!
I suppose this is as close to a three-generation picture as we'll get. Miss you Grandpa Hinz! (My grandpa, that is...)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.